Buddy Sullivan - Coastal Georgia Historian/Lecturer, Researcher, Consultant

Programs
Research and Program Update
Shipwrecks
powered by

My Blog

Up and running...

I am very pleased that you have visited my new web page. This is an entirely new venture for me, sort of like getting professional business cards printed for myself for the first time--which occurrence took place far more years ago than I care to remember.
Please feel free to post your comments and opinions about anything, but especially if you have questions or comments about Georgia coastal history you would like to address. Perhaps I can help you!
If you would like to contact me directly you may email me at bsullivan@coastalnow.net

6 Comments to Up and running...:

Comments RSS
Wren Barnett on Saturday, September 08, 2012 7:54 PM
For many years, whenever I thought about Buddy Sullivan, my most prominent memory was of watching you type faster than any human I'd ever seen -- USING ONLY TWO FINGERS. Now, after reading your new website, I've become even more impressed by your accomplishments as an historian and writer. One question -- how many fingers do you use now?
Reply to comment

Buddy Sullivan on Saturday, September 08, 2012 8:33 PM
Wren, believe it or not, I still use only two fingers to type. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks. But I am still fast with two fingers, which of course requires a lot of editing and correcting! Thanks for the memories of LaGrange Daily News and CeeLee!

S. Harrison on Saturday, September 08, 2012 8:23 PM
Like your website. Makes me proud to see how much you have accomplished in your sixty-something years. I can remeber how impressed my Mother was that you were working on your first book. Personally, I think you need to take a new turn. Maybe you could start writing romance novels like Nicholas Sparks and use coastal Georgia as your setting. Then,the movie people would want to make movies from the exciting novels you would write. Love Ya! Buddy
Reply to comment

buddy sullivan on Saturday, September 08, 2012 8:37 PM
I remember your mother being interested in my really early attempts at writing. Warm and happy memories of those days! As for the romance novels, I don't think I have the smarts, intelligence, or imagination to go that route. Novels, and novel plots, are way too taxing on the thinking processes, especially for someone whose brain cells are rapidly deteriorating as the years accumulate!

Mary Gwen Boyett on Saturday, September 08, 2012 9:01 PM
Buddy, Herb and I are Proud to call you Friend and are very proud of of all of your Historical Literary Successes! But...... personally ....I think your Best Accomplishments are your Two Beautiful Daughters ! Need to add it to your resume on your website! Still wanting to get you up to Hilton Head for Dinner with the Wilkes this Fall! I agree with the comments about your writing a novel on Sapelo and then you starring in the Movie! I can see it on the Book cover and in Lights ..... "Hog Hammock" by Buddy Sullivan Hugs, MG

buddy on Saturday, September 08, 2012 9:17 PM
MG, thanks for your comments and your suggestions. You are very correct...my two amazing daughters, and my equally amazing son, are my finest accomplishments, far exceeding anything else I ever done in this earthly life! Will look forward to some fall plans at Hilton Head. Just keep me in the loop!